Sporting Proud Website Privacy Statement & Terms & Conditions
- Sporting Proud is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website. We are aware that as a user of this website you care about the security and privacy of your information.
- In order to make a donation to Sporting Proud or to register as a participation in the triathlon event, you will be asked for information when you register with us. We will require, your name or team member names, email address, gender (to register you for the male \ female events), contact number (mobile) and the charity you want to raise money for. In addition, when you make a donation or register on the website, we will also require your credit card number and details.
- The information received from you will only be disclosed to such third parties as may be necessary, in order to process your donation, mainly the banks, credit card companies and charities you are raising money for. By registering with us and by your use of the site and acceptance of the terms and conditions of use you hereby authorise us to convey this information to suitable third parties.
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us. Agents or contractors of Sporting Proud who have access to information you give us in the course of providing services to us are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for us.
- We endeavour to ensure the highest level of security as regards your credit card details, during your use of this site by using third party service Stripe, which has the highest level of security and privacy accreditations available. You should note however, that internet transactions are never completely private or secure. You accept that any information or message you send to the site may be intercepted or read by others. You hereby acknowledge and accept that we have no responsibility and shall accept no liability whatsoever for loss, injury or damage occasioned by the interception by third parties of your transactions, or the disclosure of information including but not limited to credit card numbers by any party with whom you transact, nor do we offer any guarantees, warranties or indemnities as to the security or otherwise of any information which you give us.
- If you have given us information about yourself and would like copies of that information, or you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information deleted from our records, then please contact us at email@example.com . We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete information about you on our files. We are entitled to charge you a fee for supplying you with copies of information which we hold. We will hold on to your information and will use it to contact you each year to see if you would like to compete in the triathlon and raise money for the selected charities. If you do not want this to happen on a yearly basis please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will detail your details and not contact you again.
What are your rights
- You have the right to be informed.
- You may request a copy of your data stored
- You may request correction of any erroneous data.
- You may request deletion of your data, if not in violation of statutory or contractual requirements.
- You may Lodge a complaint to the controller or object to processing.
- You may lodge a complaint to the Supervisory Authority.
- You may withdraw consent of processing originally require consent.
7. If you choose to visit this site and use this site, your visit and use and any dispute arising therefrom in respect of privacy, is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions of use including the limitations and the exclusions expressed and included therein.
8. This Privacy Statement will be the subject of change and will be updated on our website.
9. In the case of a data breach, the Data Controller (Sporting Proud) shall without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, notify the personal data breach to the Supervisory Authority and Data Subject, if the personal data breach is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
- When you subscribe, donate or register to Sporting Proud, your email address is never shared with any third parties, and you can unsubscribe by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
- Visit www.dataprotection.ie for further information.
- The IP address of the users webserver
- The top level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .net, .biz)
- The previous website address from which the user reached us, including any search criteria used.
- Click screen data which shows the traffic of users around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser used by the website user.
Sporting Proud will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate any technical details listed above with any individual.
Fundraising Privacy Statement and Cookies
Sporting Proud uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on your computer. Although these cookies are not essential to the core function of the website, they are useful in enabling the charity to raise more money through the website and assists us in making our Fundraising efforts more effective and efficient.
If you would like to prevent cookies from being set by this site, or any other, the following links will assist in that aim:
Internet Explorer How to change your cookie settings in Internet Explorer Google Chrome How to change your cookie settings in Google Chrome Safari (OS X) How to change your cookie settings in Safari (OS X) Safari (iOS) How to change your cookie settings in Safari (iOS) Android How to change your cookie settings in Android
Fundraising Privacy Statement
Sporting Proud Ltd is a registered Charity Chy 15073
This Fundraising Privacy Statement applies to Sporting Proud and summarises how we obtain, use, and manage our supporter’s personal data.
If you have any questions about this Fundraising Privacy Statement or our Data Protection polices, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website and our fundraising activities. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
If you choose to visit this site and use this site, your visit and use and any dispute arising therefrom in respect of privacy, is subject to this Fundraising Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions of use including the limitations and the exclusions expressed and included therein.
Who We Are
Sporting Proud Ltd is a company limited by guarantee, and is a registered charity with Revenue with a charity number Chy 15073. It is also registered with the Charities Regulation Authority and submits annual returns.
About Sporting Proud
Over the past 22 years Sporting Proud has raised €1,833,801 for 16 Children’s Charities listed below. It runs a Triathlon event in Brittas Bay and raises money by organising people to participate in either an Olympic or Sprint triathlon as an individual or in a team. For further information visit www.sportingproud.org.
With the great fundraising efforts of all the participants over the 22 years we have been able to help 16 different children’s charities – The Wheelchair Association (1 year), Crumlin Children’s Hospital (4 years), Down Syndrome Ireland (1 year), Christina Noble (2 years), Child-line (1 year), Children’s Sunshine Homes (2 years), St Catherine’s, Wicklow (4 years), Niall Mellon Township Trust (1 year), Sister Kathleen’s Kids of Makondo (Uganda) (2 years), Down Syndrome Centre (1 year), Barrettstown (1 year), ORBIS (Ireland) (5 years),the Solas Project (5 years), LauraLynn Childrens Hospice (4 years), Jigsaw Darndale Childcare Services (4 years) and Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Ireland (1 Year).
We raise money for various children’s charities through the triathlon event. Participants pay a registration fee and raise money on top of this for their chosen charity or all the charities involved in the particular year. It is a voluntary organisation so all money raised by the participants goes directly to their chosen charity and to the specific projects the charities they want to raise money for.
Our Postal Address: Derval Carroll, Sporting Proud Ltd, Pottery Road, Dublin, A96 WY61
General Contact: email@example.com
Data Protection Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sporting Proud fully respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission or a valid basis for processing that information. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with recognised international standards and good practices.
As Sporting Proud is based in Ireland, EU Data Protection law applies and Sporting Proud works to constantly improve its governance of personal data to ensure we comply with current legislation and guidance.
Collection and use of Personal Information
Sporting Proud uses the personal data of our Participants and Supporters for a variety of reasons that are directly related to our fundraising to support delivery of funds to our selected charities. You can optout of any use of your data at any time by contacting our Database administrator at email@example.com
We conduct fundraising by raising money through the triathlon event. This is done through our website by registering or donating, donations \ registrations given on the day, or donations going directly to the charities or lodgements into the charity bank account.
When you register on -line, we will ask you if we can send you fundraising materials by email. This is done as part of our registration process. You can opt-out by email at any time by contacting our Data Protection person or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have given us your email address we will also use it to match you against statistical profiles in Facebook or other services in a practice known as remarketing so you will be more likely to see information about Sporting Proud in your Facebook Timeline, and so people who share your characteristics on those platforms will be more likely to see our fundraising calls to action as well. Whilst we use your email address to match profiles, Sporting Proud does not access or use any of your other personal data through Facebook.
To have your email address excluded from this processing, you should contact the Data Protection person.
We also undertake appeals through our Website, Facebook and other social media platforms.
On our website, in addition to gathering personal details, we do not collect sensitive data including bank account details and credit/debit cards. We endeavour to provide the highest level of security as regards your credit card details, during your use of the Sporting Proud website. This information is collected and processed by a third party, Stripe which has the highest available security and privacy accreditation available. However internet transmissions are never 100% private or secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, Sporting Proud cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Sporting Proud can also not be held responsible for factors outside of our control such as credit card details that are sent to Sporting Proud by post etc.
Use of Third Parties
In an ideal world, we’d be able to do all of this ourselves. However, to get the right technology, the best tools, and the right team helping us, Sporting Proud engages the services of a variety of third party service providers.
- Payment Processing Services (e.g. Global Payments and PayPal), Just Giving, Stripe, AIB and other Banks
- Email Service providers
- Backup Marketing – web develop, administrator, data processor.
Data Sharing with Third Parties
To execute our fundraising and donor management objectives we work with third party suppliers and often have to share personal data such as names and addresses or email addresses with them as well as sensitive data like bank accounts and debit/credit card details. This sharing is always undertaken.
- For specific purposes in a particular project or delivery of a specific service
- Under strict contractual controls which will ensure secure transfer of all data
- In line with appropriate information security standards ·
- Done under the strictest of controls.
Your privacy in these situations is of paramount importance to Sporting Proud.
Retention of Data
The periods for which we retain Donor and Supporter data are kept under regular review.